If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Throwback Thursday: A Picture from the Hechler Family, c. 1940-41


On Throwback Thursday, I am sharing a photograph found among my grandmother Elenora Ressler Hechler's things. 

I have no idea on the year, but my Dad, Leo Hechler, is the little boy in the bottom right of the picture, and he appears to be about three or four. That would date the picture about 1940 or 1941.

The man on the left is my grandfather, D. J. Hechler. He was fully German, his parents being Dominic and Elizabeth (Dietz) Hechler who immigrated from Russia about 1889. They always said he was a snappy dresser and liked his hats and shoes. 

The other gentleman, I believe I was told, was his brother John. The two children beside him belong to him. 

I am not certain who the other children are, but they are likely children of John or my uncles. 





No comments:

Post a Comment