If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Get Well Card


As the family historian and collector of all things which no one else wants to keep - I have inherited a number of cards, letters, and other correspondence from all sides of my family. Many of the cards are interesting from a nostalgia point of view, and the letters provide a fascinating glimpse into the lives of our relatives and ancestors.

I will be sponsoring Throwback Thursday here on The Flying Shuttle for as long as I have cards, pictures, and letters to post. 

I am certainly willing to post any of the same from any of you who have them in your possession. I only ask that I be related to the individuals in some way. If you would like to contribute, contact me at donnahechlerporterbooks@gmail.com. 


This week's Throwback Thursday is a Get Well card to either my grandmother Eleanora Ressler Hechler or my grandfather D. J. Hechler, as it was found with her things when her house was cleaned out before selling. 








Sometimes I recognize the name of the sender, but in this case I do not. 











No comments:

Post a Comment