If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Throwback Thursday: The Descent from the Cross


This wood-cut is from the John Robert McQueen Family Bible. I had intended to post it around Easter, but I got busy with end-of-the-year activities with my boys. But, summer is here - so hopefully I will get back on my schedule!

And after these things, Joseph of Arimathea (because he was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews) besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus. And Pilate gave leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus. 
                                                                                                                                                   John 19:38

.



No comments:

Post a Comment