If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw

Monday, November 3, 2014

It's the Little Things!

It’s the little things that count!
I have this morning ritual. I eat egg burritos, hopefully have a clementine or something similar, and drink my coffee. (A perfect ritual involves coconut oil in the coffee, but right now it’s not perfect. Sigh . . . ) I eat, then crack open the laptop and check all my accounts.
Needless to say, this morning was super sweet because I have been in the hospital the past week with my son. We went to the ER exactly a week ago today with what turned out to be appendicitis. He had surgery Tuesday afternoon, but since it had turned gangrenous he had to have a drain and also IV antibiotics.
Needless to say, we were both glad to finally come home yesterday. After all, the hospital doesn’t serve egg burritos, and coffee in a styrofoam cup in a hard hospital chair just isn’t the same.
The little things. cowswithbars-page0001
I did manage, with so much time sitting, to finish the 2nd edition of Metes & Bounds II: David Crews, Ancestors & Descendants.
johncrewhalfcover-page0001
I also pulled the first chapters on John Crews and Sarah Gatley, and on his son David Crew and wives Mary Stanley and Mary Ladd-Magee, as well as the chapter on the Stanleys, to create another book. This book will be just for individuals who descend from Crew/Gatley and Crew/Stanley. Anyone descending from them through David Milton Crews (1740-1821) need not purchase the smaller edition as the chapters are in the larger work about his life and descendants.

I also debuted the trailer for Metes & Bounds II last night. 





I should have both books available the week of Thanksgiving. I will post here, on my Facebook page, as well as several other places when they are available. will ask, though, that if you purchase please go through my website which takes you to the publisher Createspace. Amazon literally takes 1/2 my profits.
Purchasing through Createspace is a little thing, yes, but it is the little things that count!

No comments:

Post a Comment