If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. George Bernard Shaw

Friday, June 13, 2014

Well, after quite a bit of wrangling, I finally have my rights back to my first two Metes & Bounds books: Metes & Bounds I: Dugal McQueen and Some Descendants, and Metes & Bounds II: David Crews, Ancestors and Descendants. For the next little bit of time, there are no Crews books available. Gregath Publishing Company does have, as of this date, three more of the McQueen books left. I will allow them to sell those. After that, they will not be available either.

I am deep into finishing the third book of the series Metes & Bounds III: John McQueen and Nancy Crews, Children and Grandchildren. It has been a long time coming. As many of you know, I had originally projected the three books to be published back to back, but I never got the third one done for a variety of reasons.

My goal is to not only finish the third book, but to reformat the first two and offer them in second editions, with some updated information, new covers, in paperback, and in a better looking product (because the technology has improved). When they are all finished, I will be offering them individually or as a boxed set.

Since I am writing my second novel at the same time, Breaking Promises, which is Book 2 of my Children of the Light Series, it will take some doing to meet my deadlines. But, I am going to do my best to reach my goals.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    M&B II was a godsend in figuring out my Crews heritage. I have fairly complete information on the descendants of Lycurgus Crews/Mary Jane Pulliam (my ggp's). Let me know if you would like to see it.

    Edwin Crews (Pete) Douglass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! my email is edouglass@comcast.net. My Ancestry.com tree is Douglass 2014 (username: douglassec)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pete,

    So glad to hear the book helped you. That's always nice to know.

    I am not going to carry down the lines to the present like I did in the first edition. In fact, I'm not going to include most of that at all. The world is a different place now than twenty years ago, and the books are more readily available to the general public. It makes me nervous giving out that much information, plus, it adds a lot of cost to the book. Half of the book last time was detailed lines.

    I am going to carry down the listing to at least the great-grandchildren of David/Annie and David/Mildred. That details three generations including David and wives. I think most people can backtrack that far to see if they belong in the family.

    I do notice, though, that I have nothing on Lycurgus or Mary Jane's children, and I'm not certain the information I have on them is correct. I will email you what I have and you can doublecheck it with your information for accuracy and clear it up. If you don't mind giving me their children that would be great and I would be glad to include it in the book.

    I am going to include a page in the book, as well, for contacts for individuals wanting to research certain lines, especially since I won't be detailing to the present. Can I include you on Lycurgus and Mary Jane? Emails or websites are find.

    ReplyDelete